It was…great. I feel like something was accomplished. As in, new stuff…great info…HELPFUL stuff!!
The takeaway from today:
1. Stop being a bitch
2. Don’t be a dick to the incredible wife
3. Being angry is ok
4. Don’t let that anger take over.
Interesting tidbit from my session: “Part of recovery is recovering your humanity.”
-The Good Doctor
And ANOTHER nugget from the good doctor: “You have to realize that you’re a good person. The Bible, in Genesis, tells us that we are not just good people, we’re really good people. We do bad things. But we are, at our core, really good people. Some folks have a hard time balancing those.”
I asked him about my anger. “Doc, I’m spewing anger at everyone. If you’re near me, you’re a target. I say stuff I don’t mean. It’s hurtful stuff. Horrible stuff.”
A pretty decent response, “Your anger is from unresolved issues. You don’t know how to deal with them. The rest is the anger builds and builds. Eventually it just bubbles up and spews out.”
I need to
1. Realize I’m a human. I’m a good one at that. I’m flawed and do bad things sometimes.
2. I need to, eventually, deal with all of these unresolved issues.
3. I need to make amends with my wife.
4. I need to recognize her for who she is- an amazing woman with a ridiculous capacity for love, understanding and mercy.
5. That incredible lady owes me nothing.
6. I cannot force action. Though I want immediate action and results, that ain’t happening.
7. Impatience is ok. Don’t let it take over.
Hopefully this shit doesn’t stay around too long. She deserves better.